13th Annual Workshop on Numerical Methods for Problems with Layer Phenomena
Dedicated to the 90th birthday of A.B. Vasil’eva
Wednesday, 6th – Saturday, 9th April 2016
The aim of the workshop is to bring together people, in the mathematics and general scientific community, who have particular interests in the development and applications of asymptotic and numerical methods for problems that exhibit layer phenomena, such as boundary/interior layers in different applications.
- We plan two/three working days (Thursday 7th – Saturday 9th April 2016) and some cultural program in Moscow (or nearby) on Saturday 9th and/or Sunday 10th April 2016. Details of the program will be announced (see “News” and “Programme”).
Visa to Russia & Official Letter of Invitation
Abstracts and Talks
- Each speaker is invited to submit an abstract of his/her talk. A collection of abstracts will be published by the beginning of the workshop.
- The abstracts are invited to be submitted in English as LaTeX files, whose length including figures and references should not exceed 2 pages. LaTeX files to prepare your abstract may be found here: Sample abstract, LaTeX document-class file (right click and choose Save Link As...).
- Deadline for abstracts is 15 February 2016.
Costs & Accommodation
- There is no registration fee; tea and coffee will be provided. Lunch each day will be at the participants' expense.
- We recommend book your rooms at the Universitetskaya Hotel, located in a picturesque, environmentally friendly green part of Moscow, close (10 minutes walk) to the buildings of the Lomonosov Moscow State University on Vorobyovy Gory. Prices for rooms of different classes (at present time) are from 3000 RUB (approx. 50€) per night, breakfast inclusive.
You can reserve a room at the official site of Universitetskaya Hotel.
- Alternatively, there are many hotels in Moscow. If you have any difficulties with booking, please do not hesitate to contact the organizers email@example.com
13th Workshop Organizing Committee
- Nikolay Nefedov, Moscow State University, Russia
- Grigorii Shishkin, IMM of Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
- Hans-Görg Roos, Technische Universität Dresden, Germany
- Natalia Kopteva, University of Limerick, Ireland
- Sebastian Franz, Technische Universität Dresden, Germany
- Torsten Linß, FernUniversität in Hagen, Germany
- Vladimir Volkov, Moscow State University, Russia
- Michael Terentyev, Moscow State University, Russia
- Dmitry Lukyanenko, Moscow State University, Russia